Joint Repair Clinic of Montana offers regenerative medicine in Bozeman, MT including umbilical cord tissue allograft injections, platelet-rich plasma injections, and prolotherapy for joint pain. View our patient case studies featuring resolved joint pain videos.
Prolotherapy injections are becoming a more popular choice with those suffering from common injuries. Prolotherapy injections have been used for different conditions such as tennis elbow, achilles tendinopathy, rotator cuff injuries, and arthritis. Before you start any type of treatment, it is always helpful to know what it is and how it can help you. This video will cover three things you need to know about prolotherapy injections, and if it is supported by science. I will go over:
00:25 What prolotherapy stands and what it is
00:33 How prolotherapy injections work
01:30 If the current science supports this treatment
The references for the studies are listed below:
1) Bae G, Kim S, Lee S, Lee WY, Lim Y. Prolotherapy for the patients with chronic musculoskeletal pain: systematic review and meta-analysis. Anesth Pain Med (Seoul). 2021;16(1):81-95. doi:10.17085/apm.20078
2) Sit, R. W., Chung, V., Reeves, K. D., Rabago, D., Chan, K. K., Chan, D. C., Wu, X., Ho, R. S., & Wong, S. Y. (2016). Hypertonic dextrose injections (prolotherapy) in the treatment of symptomatic knee osteoarthritis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Scientific reports, 6, 25247. https://doi.org/10.1038/srep25247
3) Fadi Hassan , Suad Trebinjac , William D. Murrell , and Nicola Maffulli (2017) .The effectiveness of prolotherapy in treating knee osteoarthritis in adults: a systematic review. British Medical Bulletin. 122:91–108
4) Hauser, Ross A. et al. ‘Lumbar Instability as an Etiology of Low Back Pain and Its Treatment by Prolotherapy: A Review’. 1 Jan. 2021: 1 – 12.
5) Giordano L, Murrell WD, Maffulli N. Prolotherapy for chronic low back pain: a review of literature. Br Med Bull. 2021 Jun 10;138(1):96-111. doi: 10.1093/bmb/ldab004. PMID: 33884404.
6) Rhatomy, S., Margaretha, E., & Rahmadian, R. (2020). Dextrose Prolotherapy for Muscle, Tendon and Ligament Injury or Pathology: A Systematic Review. Annual Research & Review in Biology, 35(10), 43-62. https://doi.org/10.9734/arrb/2020/v35i1030288
Don’t Allow Arthritis to Make You a Victim of Getting Older!
You can only submit entirely new text for analysis once every 7 seconds.You Can Cure Your Arthritis Hip Pain
Arthritis – Basic Facts and OTC Treatments
Arthritis and Exercise – Reducing the Progression of Osteoarthritis With Exercise
Arthritis and Pro-Inflammatory Foods – Is Your Diet Causing You Pain?
Arthritis and Environmental Triggers – Is a Toxic Environment Increasing Your Pain?
Arthritis and Hidden Inflammation – Are You Living an Inflammatory Lifestyle?
Arthritis and Exercise – Are You Taking Enough Exercise to Support Your Joints?
Fight Arthritis at the Cellular Level – Hydrate and Detoxify Easily With Alkaline Ionized Water
Arthritis and Diet – Eating a Healthy Diet to Support Your Body
Why Colchicine Cannot Cure Your Gout
Welcome to Middle Age! You Now Have Arthritis!